I really enjoy painting and finding painted rocks. Kindness rocks are so fun to find, snap a picture of, and then leave in a special place for someone else to find and enjoy. I like to paint some to leave around for others, and also to keep some in my own flower beds and flower pots to enjoy. They’re a fun way to express your creativity on your own or to enjoy with friends and family members.
Here is what you need to create this little project
- Find or purchase some rock stones. You will need only one for this project.
- Clean and wash your stones leaving them to dry for a few days.
- Once your stone is dry, you can use a pencil or white Posca paint pen to draw the outline of the snail. I used a white paint pen in this instance as the stone was dark in color. Usually, I would draw and sketch my image using a pencil.
- Once you have the outline, begin by adding colors to the snail.
- You can add as many or as few rows of color as you choose. I chose to have lots of colours on the shell.
I painted the body of the snail green and added detailing with a black Posca pen. I also added dots and details using different colors to make the snail unique and quirky. Once the snail was complete I went around all the edges with a black Posca pen to enhance the image on the rock. Finally I decided to add a blue sky and green grass.
You could add more detail to the background if you choose. Now you have a snail. You could try creating a whole range of garden themed rocks. Why not have a try and let me know how it goes. And if you need a little more inspiration you can find more rock painting ideas in my beginners guide.
These are a few items I find helpful when making a Painted Snail Rock
Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your costs will be the same but Practical Frugality will receive a small commission. This helps cover some of the costs of running this site. We appreciate your support!