These banana muffins are quite something! Not only that they are topped up with chocolate chips, but they also have a generous amount of Nutella swirled inside them! This is the perfect afternoon snack or one-off treat!
I like to bake these in a batches of 12 muffins and then freeze most of them (or give them away) as they are dangerously delicious! If they stand around for too long I just can’t help myself eating them.
Nutella & Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 250 g self-raising flour
- 100 g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 120 ml sunflower oil
- 3 bananas
- 50 g chocolate chips
- 50 g Nutella
- First of all preheat the oven to 180C and prepare your muffin tin by lining 12 hole muffin tin with paper muffin cases.
- Combine all the dry ingredients (apart from the chocolate chips) together in a bowl.
- Combine all the wet ingredients (apart from the bananas) in a mixing jug.
- Mash the bananas with fork, but don't over mash it. I like to keep few chunks of bananas unmashed.
- Gently stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, but don't overmix it.
- Stir in the bananas and chocolate chips.
- Spoon the muffin mixture into the muffin cases and divide equally between the cases.
- Topp up each muffin mixture with Nutella and swirl it in. You can also add the Nutella inside the muffin as you add it to the tin (which is what I did with mine)
- Bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes or until it's golden brown. Check with a wooden skewer to make sure the muffins are baked.
- Cool on a cooling rack
my other baking recipes
PIN THIS FOR LATER