Simple and easy to make linguine recipe with healthy broccoli, shrimps and parsley. Great for mid week dinner or weekend lunch with friends.
This recipe is so easy that I find myself making it time and time again. It’s also a great basic recipe to learn, because you can swap around some of the ingredients to use up what you have at home.
If you don’t have linguine, you can easily use any pasta shapes, spaghetti, gluten free or wholemeal variety. The length of cooking will depend on what type of pasta you are using and the taste might slightly change too. But that’s great, because you can make this dish time and time again and it will feel like having a different food every time!
Shrimps can be swapped for prawns or any other seafood. To make this recipe super on the budget you can just use crabsticks.
Broccoli can be swapped for any other green vegetables, such as peas, asparagus or green shoot beans.
And finally, if you don’t have a bottle of white wine already open and you are not going to use one, don’t worry, you can leave out the wine altogether.
To make this recipe more rich, you can add cream, greek yoghurt or another white type of sauce.
I hope you enjoy making this recipe and if you do, let me know in the comments below.
Shrimps Scampi & Broccoli Linguini
- 250 g linguini
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small shallot onion
- 2 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 10-16 large shrimps
- 2 tbsp white wine
- 1/2 lemon (juice)
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 100-150 g broccoli
For the pasta
- Bring water in a large saucepan to a boil, add pinch of salt and stir in gently the linguini. Boil for about 6 minutes or until cooked through. Drain the pasta and keep warm.
For the Shrimps
- On a medium heat, melt butter and the olive oil in a large frying pan. Add the shallot, garlic and broccoli. Cook for about 5 minutes or until the broccoli is soft and cooked through.
- Season the shrimps with salt and pepper and add them to the pan until they are cooked through (about 3 minutes or so).
- Add the wine and lemon juice.
- Finally, add the linguini to warm through with all the other ingredients.
- Serve with chopped parsley and season to taste with more pepper and salt.