This chicken recipe is perfect for a special dinner celebration because it looks so impressive!
Serve with new boiled potatoes and lightly steamed asparagus, and you have a dinner like from a posh restaurant.
MORE EASY RECIPES FOR YOU TO TRY
Few tips on making these cream cheese chicken croissants
The croissants pastry
The best thing about this cream cheese chicken croissant recipe is that it’s straightforward to make.
Saying that we are choosing a cheats way of preparing this recipe with a prepared chilled croissant pastry and pre-baked chicken pieces.
Having baked actual croissants several times in my life, I’ll happily reach out for the shop-bought pre-packed stuff any day!
You can buy croissant’s pastry ready made in any major supermarket. If you can’t find croissants pastry, you can also use flaky pastry, but I wouldn’t use a short crust pastry.
The chicken filling
With the chicken filling, you have several options.
You can use chicken leftovers from Sunday roast, roast a plain chicken and keep some to slice for sandwiches or even bought a ready roasted chicken from a shop.
You can also grill a chicken using a compact electric grill if you like the taste.
You don’t really need a lot of chicken to make this recipe, so it makes sense to use a leftovers.
The cheese cream filling
For the cream cheese, I always use the full-fat version.
This is not only going to give you better flavour but more importantly, the full-fat version stays together when heated or mixed in with other ingredients.
Low-fat cream cheese seems to turn into a watery sludge when you mix it with everything else.
How to serve your chicken croissants
Before you start this recipe, I would recommend having your side dishes ready, as the chicken croissants parcels are best served straight from the oven.
New boiled potatoes, green beans, asparagus or carrots would work well with this recipe.
Stay in touch
Hope this blog post inspires you to make this recipe and if you do, I’d love to what you think! Let me know in the comments below or find me on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter and add the hashtag #practicalfrugality so that I can see your post.
Or why not subscribe to my weekly newsletter with frugal living tips and recipes straight to your mailbox.
PIN THIS RECIPE FOR LATER
Cream Cheese Chicken Croissants Recipe
- 1 cup baked or cooked shredded chicken
- 1 pack ready-made chilled croissants pastry pack
- 4 oz cream cheese 120 grams or about 1/2 cup or whatever you have
- 1/2 bunch green onions chopped
- 1/8 cup green pepper diced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon milk (plus extra for brushing the pastry
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees or 180 C
- First of all, mix cream cheese and butter in a bowl, until blended. Add milk slowly and mix until smooth.
- Add in shredded chicken, diced green onions, diced green bell pepper, salt and pepper. Mix to combine. Lightly flour kitchen top surface and carefully unroll the prepared croissants pastry.
- Arrange it to 4 rectangles or squares and pinch together the seams if the croissants are precut to triangles. Spoon 1/4 of the chicken mixture in the centre of each croissant rectangle, bring corners together and twist and pinch to close.
- Brush the pastry over with a little milk using a pastry brush. Bake for 18-22 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven and serve.