It is the second day of the new year, and so many people are making healthier lifestyle choices. I have some posts pending featuring the various products offered by many companies, I am still working on double checking facts and information, collecting surveys, and research. In the mean time, I have seen dozens of people posting on facebook and twitter about starting new routines, working out etc. One common theme that is already taking place though, is injuries. Here are some things to keep in mind when starting a new fitness plan.
- Consult your physician before starting any program. Why? You need starting numbers, a check up, and expert medical opinion on what is safe for you to do. Go in with a written plan to show your doctor so they know what you have in mind.
- Make sure you have proper shoes and fitness attire. I saw an article in a “frugal” magazine today featuring a FIVE HUNDRED DOLLAR outfit. That’s not necessary. You should have well fitting shoes and socks, and clothes that are breathable so you don’t overheat, but you don’t need to spend anywhere near that much. (Amazon has some on special I’ve linked here).
- Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated.
- Wash your face before you begin. Why? When you start to sweat (you SHOULD be sweating when you work out), you don’t want to rub it off and push dirt and oils into your pores, causing a breakout.
- Get moving. In many areas, you can walk outdoors, etc. I live in New England now and we have almost 2 feet of snow on the ground. I am not walking outside in this frigid weather. Consider Fitness Videos or Exercise Video Games that you can do indoors. I’d love to have a Treadmill, but I must budget and save for one first.
- Know your body. You will have some pain and discomfort as you use new muscles, but that is different than an injury. If you are injured, please seek treatment before risking permanent damage.
- Don’t give up. If you are just sore, don’t use that as an excuse to stop 🙂
- Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated. (Did I already say that? Yes! It’s that important 🙂
You can see all of Amazon’s New Years Resolutions Promotions at: http://amzn.to/VvqHZ9. *This post contains affiliate links.