Carrot Garden Pudding Pops
Most kids love eating themed foods, it’s an easy way to turn snack time into craft time, and encourage creativity. This is a really simple craft that would be perfect for Easter or really anytime during the Spring. Kids can pretend the chocolate pudding and Oreos are “dirt” and then plant some Gummy Carrots inside before they enjoy them. This would be a really cute idea for a classroom party, birthday party favor, or for Spring Festivals and Carnivals.
Carrot Garden Pudding Cups Ingredients/Materials:
Chocolate Sandwich Cookies (Oreos or can use Gluten Free)
Green Construction Paper
- Lay the piece of green construction paper horizontally on a flat surface. Take one pudding cup and line it up to either the top of bottom edge so you know where to cut the strip for the grass. It should cover the entire pudding cup. Cut the strip of paper for the grass. Continue making small cuts about ¾ down the strip of paper to resemble grass blades. I took it a step further and made a few random cuts in between so some of the grass blades had jagged edges. Wrap the strip of paper around a pudding cup (grass blades facing up), then trim to fit and add a piece of tape to secure it in the back.
- Next, place your sandwich cookies (about 1 per pudding cup) in a ziplock bag. Release the air in the bag and ensure it’s tightly closed. Use a rolling pin to tap the cookies until they’ve broken into small pieces.
- Crumble the cookie mixture on top of each pudding cup so it is completely coated. This resembles the dirt in the garden.
- Add a few carrots to each pudding cup – allowing the orange part of the carrot to be partially buried into the pudding.
- Write the word “Carrots” on a popsicle stick and place into the “carrot garden” and your Carrot Garden Pudding Cups are complete and ready to enjoy.
- I found the gummy carrots at Dollar Tree for $1, but there are a variety of these on Amazon.
These are a few items I find helpful in my own kitchen when preparing these Carrot Garden Pudding Pops:
Gummi Carrots bulk gummy candy 1 poundWestcott Titanium Bonded 8 inch 2 pack ScissorsAcerich 200 Pcs Craft Sticks Pop Sticks Ice Cream Sticks Wooden Popsicle Sticks 4-1/2Pacon Lightweight Construction Paper, 10 Assorted Colors, 9
Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your costs will be the same but Practical Frugality will receive a small commission. This helps cover some of the costs of running this site. We appreciate your support!