Sugar scrubs are really lovely for you skin, but they can be rather pricey in the shop. But did you know that you can make your own sugar scrubs for a small fraction of that cost? You can even make enough to share with your family and friends! Pack the finished sugar scrub in a jar with a pretty ribbon and a tag and you have a great little present for your friends.
This Oatmeal & Brown Sugar Scrub Recipe combined two wonderful exfoliating ingredients – brown sugar and oatmeal. I have not added any other fragrance or colour and yet this sugar scrub smells amazing and looks amazing.
I make this sugar scrub every time my skin gets a little dry as the oatmeal makes everything so beautifully smooth and silky! The whole making process takes next to no time and you only need three ingredients from your kitchen cubboard.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup olive oil (non-fragranced)
- ¼ cup of rolled oats (finely ground)
- Grind the oatmeal. You can do this by hand, in a blender or food processor. Alternatively buy oats that are already finelly ground or milled. These would be little bit more expensive, but worth it if you don’t have a suitable food processor.
- Mix all of the ingredients into a bowl. Stir well.
- Pour carefully into mason jars or airtight containers.
- Decorate with pretty bows, tags and dry flowers.
Use straightaway or store up to 3 months.
These are a few items I use when preparing this Oatmeal & Brown Sugar Scrub:
Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your costs will be the same but Practical Frugality will receive a small commission. This helps cover some of the costs of running this site. We appreciate your support!