Lip sugar scrubs are great to use once in a while to revive tired skin on your lips. You can, of course, buy lip scrubs in the beauty shops, but they are so easy to make at home, that anyone can make them. You’ll also save a bit of money and use fresh ingredients without any chemicals, so it’s a win-win situation. It’s both practical and frugal at the same time!
What does lip sugar scrub actually do?
The lip scrub does precisely the same as body sugar scrubs; it removes tiny pieces of dry skin from your lips and makes them beautifully smooth and plumpy. The coconut oil in the sugar scrub will keep your lips hydrated and moisturised.
And just in case you are wondering, no you don’t mean to eat them or leave them on your lips, massage your lips gently with the sugar scrub and wash off with warm water.
Today, I wanted to share with you my favourite sugar lip scrub with strawberries. This lip scrub smells so lovely, and the strawberries have amazing properties. They contain natural whitening chemicals, which leave your lips looking healthy and moistured, ready to apply lipstick and start your day!
Strawberry Lip Sugar Scrub Ingredients
1 tsp. Caster Sugar
1/2 tsp Coconut Oil
How to make your lip sugar scrub
- Cut any stalk or green leaves from the strawberry and roughly cut up the strawberry in few pieces.
- Put the strawberry in a small bowl and mash with a fork.
- Warm up the coconut oil, if it’s very cold and add it to the strawberry mix.
- Finally, add the sugar and mix thoroughly. If the scrub is too runny, add more caster sugar.
- This strawberry sugar scrub won’t keep for a very long time, but if you keep it poted in a small container with a lid and place it in the fridge, it should be fine for about three days.
Hope you will enjoy making this one and as ever do let me know how you get on in the comments below!
Other homemade beauty treats you might like to try
PIN THIS FOR LATER