Chances are, you are reading this post because you or someone you love has made the choice to live a healthier lifestyle. Getting started is the hardest part for all of us! Here are 5 Tips to Healthier Living.
- Start TODAY, you don’t need to wait until Sunday, Monday, 1st of month, Birthday, 1st of quarter, 1st of year, or any other special date. Starting TODAY – even with the next meal – will help you keep your motivation.
- Plan out your menu for the week. By making a menu, it will make it easier for you to make a shopping list, and stick to it, which will help you avoid buying temptation items. If they aren’t in your house, it will make it easier for you to avoid them.
- Make an informed choice about the nutritional values of the foods you are choosing. You don’t need each and every detail, but a general idea of calories, fat, carbs, etc. There are tons of spreadsheets and worksheets around to help you out. By choosing natural foods, or foods with as few processed ingredients as possible, this will help.
- Make sure you are eating proper portions of each food group. I keep a printout of the Food Pyramid to help me plan meals.
- Write Down What You Eat – It’s helpful for you to make adjustments if you have a journal of what you are eating over the long term. Forgive yourself if you make an error or an exception, and just remember to make the best choices you can at each and every meal.