Almond Oatmeal Soap
Oatmeal soap is wonderful at helping to exfoliate your skin, and I think that you will like this almond oatmeal soap. It is a simple recipe that uses a melt and pour goat’s milk soap base, so it is perfect for those beginning to dabble into soap making, or even those of you who are already into it, but prefer not to use lye. Just 3 simple ingredients, and you are on your way to making this lovely homemade soap. This one is perfect for gift giving too, since the fragrance is very light. Learn how to make your own almond oatmeal soap below.
- ¾ pound melt & pour goats milk soap base
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 20 drops almond fragrance oil
- Oval silicone mold
- Large Pyrex measuring cup
- Wooden stir stick
- Rubbing alcohol in spray bottle (optional)
- Melt the soap in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir. If it is not completely melted, put it back on for 10 second increments, until fully melted.
- Add the rolled oats to the soap base. Mix well.
- Add the fragrance oil. Mix again.
- Poor into the silicone mold and let set for about an hour.
- Spray lightly with rubbing alcohol, to help prevent bubbles from forming.
Notes: Makes 6 oval bars if using same mold
These are a few items I find helpful when preparing this Almond Oatmeal Soap:
Goats Milk – 2 Lbs Melt and Pour Soap Base – Our Earth’s SecretsQuaker Oats, Old Fashioned, 18 OzAlmond Premium Grade Fragrance Oil – 10ml – Scented Oil2 Pcs SJ Silicone Soap Molds, Rectangle & Oval, 6-Cavity Silicone Molds for Pudding, Muffin, Loaf, Brownie, Cornbread, and Cheesecake, Loaf Soap Molds, Nonstick & BPA free (Pink)Pyrex Prepware 2-Cup Measuring Cup, Red Graphics, ClearAcerich 200 Pcs Craft Sticks Ice Cream Sticks Wooden Popsicle Sticks 4-1/2
Total Entries 25974
Winner Kathy S.
Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your costs will be the same but Practical Frugality will receive a small commission. This helps cover some of the costs of running this site. We appreciate your support!