Easy Taco Soup Recipe
Easy to make and delicious to eat - a soup with a Mexican flair!
- 1 pound ground beef (minced beef) or normal beef cut thinly
- 1 onion - chopped
- 1 can chilli, black or kidney beans, with liquid included
- 1 can corn with liquid
- 1 can tomato sauce or tomato soup
- 2 cups water
- 2 cans tomatoes
- 1 can green chilli peppers (or mild chilli peppers)
- 1 packet taco seasoning mix
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 1 brown sugar
- 2 cubes beef seasoning - broth (oxo cube or similar)
- 1 mild or strong chilli powder (depending on your taste)
Brown the beef on a medium heat frying pan together with chopped onion and chopped garlic cloves. Ad 1/2 pack of the taco seasoning and mix in carefully to flavour the meat.
Add all ingredients in slow cooker and carefully mix.
Set on low setting for 8 hrs or medium setting for 4 hrs (depending on your time schedule).
If cooking in a crockpot or using a large pan on cooker, check the progress occasionally and stir as and when needed.
Pour into individual bowls and serve topped up with tortila chips, cheese, sour cream, onions, and rustic bread on the side.