On Sunday, my middle son, Joshua, will be celebrating his 9th birthday. It doesn’t seem possible that it’s been NINE years since he was born, I remember it like it was yesterday! He was my only baby born in Oklahoma, and it was a rough pregnancy. I had to leave work a little early for bedrest, and he was a planned C-Section, which was much better than the emergency one I had with his brother just 18 months prior. He did contract RSV shortly after he was born, and still has some respiratory issues when he gets sick. Even though I wasn’t a first time mom when I had him, I still learned that I wasn’t as prepared as I thought I would be.
5 Things I wish I had prepared for better, or had on hand as a new mom:
- More Freezer Meals – for the many nights I just didn’t feel up to preparing dinner.
- Mylicon – I assume parents still use this, I recall friends referring to it as Liquid Gold. I didn’t need it so much with Aaron, so I didn’t keep it on hand. With Joshua, I remember a midnight run to get some!
- 2 stocked diaper bags. When you are a working mom of 2 kids under 2, and have to keep supplies for 2 kids in one bag, it is very easy to run out of things, and time to restock! I learned to make a list of items I needed (for mornings my brain wasn’t functioning), and to keep a 2nd bag stocked, so I always had one ready to go.
- Keep an additional supply of clothes, diapers, wipes, etc in the car. I used my extra stash on many, many occasions!
- Listen to people who are giving you advice. Use the tips that are useful, smile and forget the annoying tips. Y’all know what I mean. People mean well, and really just want to help, and you never know when something someone says will come in handy! Don’t be afraid to ask for help – even if it’s just to take a nap, and find a way to get a few minutes of time for yourself!
Thanks to mygofer.com for allowing me to use this adorable infographic and share this great information with you, and for sponsoring this post. As always, the information used is my personal experience and opinion, and has not been influenced in any manner. This is an online shopping service created to help those of us who are busy, and need some shortcuts when it comes to running errands. I love that it has the option of home delivery (hello snow season!), or you can select local pickup – my participating store is a Kmart one town over, which is where I run all my errands. No more standing in line – I can place my order online, and it’ll be ready and waiting for me when I get there AND it works in combination with my Shop Your Way Rewards, oh and did I mention Curb Side pickup and they load your car too!!!