Top Winter Gear Picks with Sierra Trading Post
We have been living in New England for just over 4 years, and we are still acclimating to the Winter Weather Season. It’s vastly different from life in the South. It is not uncommon for the area we live in to see snow as early as October, or as late as April. Once the snow begins to fall and accumulate, it tends to stick around for most of the winter. Kids are in school from September through June, so it’s important to make sure that they have the appropriate clothing for a variety of weather conditions.
When we first moved here, we were VERY unprepared for the winter weather season. We had ask what winter weather gear do kids need? We made the mistake of asking in December, after that years first big snowfall. By that point, most stores in the area only had a few miscellaneous items and sizes remaining. We learned our lesson, and now we have our kids try on their gear from the previous season in the fall, so we can order any needed items well in advance. We’re fortunate that our boys are close in age, so they can pass things down, but sometimes items are worn and aren’t able to be handed down, and the oldest always needs a larger size. With three kids to buy for, that can get expensive really quickly, so I like to shop at Sierra Trading Post. Sierra Trading post offers big savings through closeouts, overstocked items, and products with minor blemishes or irregularities, and the savings can really add up! Sierra Trading Post offers winter wear from brands like The North Face, Marmot, Columbia, and Marker, all at discounted prices, and has been around for over 30 years!
When determining what Winter Weather Gear you should buy for your kids, you need to determine when and how they’ll be using the gear. Our kids need snow boots, snow pants, heavy coat, boys jacket, gloves, scarf, gloves, and perhaps earmuffs. They have to wait for the bus, play at recess, play outside at home, and maybe for outdoor sports. The schools all have Ski Club where they can go ski once a week, and many students like to visit the resorts on the weekends too! Sometimes people from other areas ask about the recess policy, and in our school district, this is it:
Weather Conditions Students should come prepared to play outdoors when:
- Temperatures are 20° or above with consideration given to wind chill factor
- Light precipitation (e.g., snow flurries, drizzle)
- Snow on the ground, depending upon how different play areas are affected
- Students can use the field for snow play if they have the appropriate attire (snow pants, boots, mittens, hat, jacket)
Parents, you won’t want to forget gear for yourself either. Parents need similar gear, because aside from the “fun” snow activities, you’ll also need to shovel your walkways, clear the snow from your vehicle, etc. When you wake up to find a foot (or more!) of snow in the morning, you’ll appreciate a warm pair of Men’s Snow Pants to keep your legs dry as you shovel!
Sierra Trading Post FREE SHIPPING CODE:
- Free shipping on orders of $75+ with code ALWARMTH6
- Offer Available: 11/13-11/30
- 98% of all orders ship within one business day
- 13.5 seconds is the average time it takes you to reach a real, live person in their Wyoming-based customer service department, should you need to contact them!
- Disclaimers or Restrictions: Valid within the 48 contiguous U.S. states only (excludes AK, HI, offshore U.S. territories and possessions, international, and APO/FPO addresses). Orders shipped via UPS Ground. Not valid on oversized items or orders or items with special shipping charges. Gift card purchase does not apply to minimum purchase.
Entry Requirements: US ONLY, 18 years and older, Giveaway runs from 11-13 to 11-27, 2016 11:59 PM EST.