Recipe: Slow Cooker Apple, Brown Sugar, Cinnamon Oatmeal #Valentines
Recipe: Slow Cooker Apple Brown Cinnamon Oatmeal Recipe Type : Oatmeal Author: Karen Prep time: 5 mins Cook time: 7 hours Total time: 7 hours 5 mins Serves: 4-8
- 2 Sliced Apples (I used Pink Ladies because they're our favorite)
- ⅓ cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 cups Oatmeal
- 4 cups Water
- Spray Crockpot with non-stick spray or use a dab of butter around the bottom and sides so the Oatmeal won't stick.
- Layer the Apple Slices in the bottom.
- Sprinkle with Brown Sugar and Cinnamon
- Add Oatmeal
- Add Water
- Let cook on LOW overnight or 7-8 hours. You are not supposed to stir this. I used a wooden spoon to make sure the oatmeal was all wet before I put on the lid. I will say you can easily double this and it turns out fine. My crew prefers me to double it and just use 7 cups of water instead of 8, they like their oatmeal thick.
- It will yield 4 one cup servings or 8½ cup servings.
Here are some other Fabulous Valentine’s Day Recipe Ideas from a few of my favorite bloggers: